Aps. David Nyansah visited Pentecost University College on the 2nd and 4th October,2018 during their weekly College Assembly and he spoke on the topic “The Need for Spiritual Maturity”. The scriptures used were 1 Tim 4:14-16, 2 Tim 3:16-17, Hebrews 5:13 ff, Gen 39:20-21, 1 Samuel 16:18.
He opened the minds of the youth gathered to understand that any success that will be abiding needs a spiritual backing- once spiritual state is the engine for your progress.
The Youth Director elaborated on the reasons why people must aspire to be spiritually matured: the battle gets tougher with time, one becomes more useful to others , spiritual babies not able to attain leadership, and the impending responsibilities of the next generation.
Aps. David Hayfron ended by giving some signs of spiritual maturity
- The capacity to carry the presence of God through intimacy with Christ
- Doing the impossible with the available
- Growing in discretion and intelligent discernment
- Knowing how to deal with their weaknesses
- Knowing how to deal with the enemy
Present at the meeting were Aps. Dr. Daniel Walker(Rector), Pastor Nelson Adu (Chaplain), Pastor Paul David (Dean of Students), Rev. Dr. Emmanuel Apea and others.